Tuesday, February 17, 2015
I bought the book on Friday, started reading on Saturday, and finished on Sunday. And weekends are my workdays. Which is why reading 300 pages Saturday night was probably a bad idea. But I just had to know where this story was headed.
I know people who haven't read it, so no spoilers, but suffice to say I have no regrets staying up until 4am reading this.
Quite interested in seeing the movie now. Missed it when it was in theaters.
Now to find a new book to read.
Posted at 12:39 PM
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Of course, like most, I got into this book ages ago because of the second Library Wars novel. How awesome that the author went ahead and wrote a fictional book, making it real? Complete with the same cover.
But even without the undeniably fantastic meta origin, it still stands perfectly and beautifully on its own and I identfy with it more than I'd like to admit.
I had the urge to read it again a couple of years ago and bought the paperback even though I have the hardcover back in California. Reached for it again a few weeks ago and each time, it's the same: a sweet love story that I totally relate to and an overarching theme that everyone is fighting their own battles but that can be hard to remember when you are fighting your own.
That last sentence sounded cryptic. I don't mean for it to be, but it is good to remember.
Anyways, finished it up just in time to start my newly acquired book.
Posted at 9:42 AM
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Instagram to come of the whole haul from today.
Also, these nails! Love the look, but stones on the tips are amazingly impractical. Live and learn. :)
Posted at 4:07 PM
Monday, February 9, 2015
Sunday, February 1, 2015
1. Woke up at a not-late time
2. Posted a postcard
3. Got through work despite a few bumps
4. Wrote and posted a postcard
5. Picked up a bunch of postcards for a project
6. Got in bed before 10pm!
Not sleeping until way later, but I'M IN BED! YAY!
Posted at 10:21 PM
1. Managed to crawl out of bed early enough to watch one and a half TED talks, both by Sir Ken Robinson, and feel energized as a result
2. Performed temporary repairs to a broken nail
3. Switched pen cases to one that better fits my current bag and allows me to carry more pens (namely the TOKIO 5)
4. Began various travel planning, most only in my head, but one on paper
5. Brought my 5-year diary and Word of the Day notes up-to-date
6. Got through the work day relatively unscathed
7. Had a good time at a work shindig
8. Got out in time to catch the second to last train
9. Got a booking rate of 100% in January
10. Got through the day on about 3 hours of sleep
If I end up going to sleep earlier than I did last night, which isn't too hard, I'm calling it a win.
Posted at 12:27 AM